I saw this meme about senior year of high school over at Bevís place, and figured Iíd give it a go.
1. Who was your best friend? Emmy. We really had some wonderful times together. Emmy is now living in Michigan, and I havenít seen her in a few years, but Iím sure she looks terrific. She always did! Grumble.
2.What sports did you play? The only sports I played were in gym class, and the only one I was any good at was volleyball.
3. What kind of car did you drive? I had a permit when I was 16, and I drove the family station wagon until I scraped up against a utility pole and did a fair amount of damage to the door on the driverís side.
4. Itís Friday night. Where are you? Pizza Town was our hang out. That was such a fun place! Itís long gone, though.
5. Were you a party animal? You could say that.
6. Were you considered a flirt? No, I was too shy to be flirtatious.
7. Ever skip school? Many times. I had my motherís signature down pat.
8. Ever smoke? Yes, unfortunately. Way too much for far too long.
9. Were you a nerd? Not at all.
10. Did you get suspended/expelled? No, but I guess thatís because I never got caught skipping!
11. Can you sing the Alma Mater? If we had one, I was not aware of it.
12. Who was your favorite teacher? Mrs. Dowd stands out in my mind because she turned me on to Dostoevsky, but she was my 10th grade English teacher. I don't remember who my teachers were in 12th grade.
13. Favorite class? English.
14. What was your schoolís full name? PHS (Iíd like to protect my privacy to some degree.)
15. School mascot? Beats me!
16. If you could go back and do it over again, would you? Maybe if I could do it differently...
17. What do you remember most about graduation? Not much. In fact, the ONLY thing I remember is marching to Pomp and Circumstance.
18. Were you 18? No, I was 17 when I graduated from high school.
19. Favorite memory of your Senior year? Senior Skip Day at Bash Bish Falls in Massachusetts.
20. Were you ever posted up on the Senior Wall? I never even heard of a Senior Wall before.
21. Did you have a job your senior year? Nope.
22. Who did you date? During my senior year, I was seeing a guy named Nelson. He attended a community college across the river, and I met him at a basketball game. It was a casual relationship - nothing serious.
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? Galloís, which, like Pizza Town, isnít there any more. They had the best french fries!
24. What did you do after graduation? Went to a party, but I donít remember where it was Ė Rael or Nancy's house, most likely. They had big, beautiful houses and parents who were out a lot, so thatís where most of our parties were held.
25. When did you graduate? 1972
Song of the Day: It Was a Very Good Year by Frank Sinatra