Meme in a Bottle (05 April 2007 - 10:18 a.m.)
Sometimes when life gets too overwhelming, I need to indulge in mindless memes. This is one of those times. Stole this from Nance over at Nebshit.
1. Explain what ended your last relationship.
A Message in a Bottle.
2. When was the last time you shaved?
March 27th, and I did a half-assed job. Because of my back pain, shaving my legs is difficult, so Iíve been letting it go. However, I had an independent medical exam on the 27th, and knew Iíd be wearing one of those stylish paper gowns. Therefore, I thought it might be a good idea to ďmow the lawn,Ē but my back was not up to the task, and neither, for that matter, was the razor. I went through TWO, and still couldnít hack my way through the jungle!
3. What were you doing this morning at 8 am?
I started this meme at 7:55 am, taking time out for a shower, but this is what I was doing at 8:00 am.
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
Blow-drying my hair.
5. Are you any good at math?
HA HA HA HA HA! I should say not!
6. Your prom night, what do you remember about it?
I remember that I didnít go.
7. Do you have any famous ancestors?
Adam and Eve.
8. Have you had to take a loan out for school?
9. Last thing received in the mail?
My identification card for Dial-A-Ride. Yes, my application was approved. Unfortunately, Iím not going to be able to put it to very good use. The bus returns to base at 4:00, so there is a requirement that appointments not be scheduled later than 2:30. Iím not going to be able to satisfy that requirement now that Iím going back to work. Sigh.
10. How many different beverages have you had today?
So far, Iíve only had coffee.
11. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?
Roberta Flack, at Vassar College (before I moved on to arena concerts).
12. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
Not lately, but I HAVE done it in the past.
13. Whatís the most painful dental procedure youíve had done?
Itís a tie between periodontal surgery and having a white spot cut off the bottom of my tongue. Shudder.
14. What is out your back door?
15. What did you do last night?
Read until my eyes were heavy enough to send me off to sleep fairly quickly.
16. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
I might if I was a scarecrow.
17. Have you ever received one of those big tins with 3 different kinds of popcorn?
18. Have you ever been to a planetarium?
Not that I can recall, but Iíve been to the Observatory at Vassar College. I went to get a look at Halleyís Comet through their powerful telescope several years ago.
19. Do you re-use towels after you shower?
No. They go straight into the hamper.
20. Something you are excited about?
LA is coming over today! And she's bringing Mr. X!
21. What is your favorite flavor of jell-o?
22. Describe your key chain.
I finally broke down and removed most of the junk I had hanging from my key chain. This is all thatís left (Yes, that's a skull. It came in a box of cereal, and it lights up.):
23. Where do you keep your change?
Besides my wallet, I keep change in this stein my mother brought back from Germany.
24. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
A few years ago, I had to give a speech for the librarian who was retiring. Before that, it was when I won the Kiwanis Clubís Support Person of the Year award. Both experiences were very nerve-wracking. Public speaking is definitely not my bag.
25. What kind of winter coat do you own?
I have three winter coats Ė a black pea jacket, a black leather knee-length coat, and an olive green down-style coat.
26.. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
Closed. I need it to be dark and quiet when I sleep.
27. Do you love someone right now?
Of course! I love my husband, children, family, friends and pets with all my heart!
28. Have you ever cheated on someone?
No. Just call me Old Faithful.
29. Do you have a crush on someone right now?
Does Antonio Banderas count?
30. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I donít feel like going upstairs to check. Suffice it to say that I own over one dozen pair of shoes (including boots and sandals). Unfortunately, I canít wear most of them because I have problems with my feet. Wah.
Song of the Day: Message in a Bottle by The Police
last ~ next
3 comments so far